jesfr, john.a.wills, and haxdnoob – 3
    j9523johnp and mwilliams306 – 2

TR members with the most Votes Up in the Discussions forum
    wizard57m-cnet – 2

TR members with the most Votes Up in the Q&A forum
    wizard57m-cnet – 3
    Hal 9000 – 2
    smp4488, didgeye, and Galaxy4643 – 1

We’d also like to wish a very happy birthday to TR Managing Editor Toni Bowers and TR member NetMan1988!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Happy Birthday Toni and NetMan1988…

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to TR Community scoreboard for September 27, 2013

Good Morning Sonja! Coffee? [_]3 Careful, it’s hot! Hope everyone has a good weekend too!

Thanks for the coffee

by Sonja Thompson ·

In reply to Happy Birthday Toni and NetMan1988…

Love the cup! Can I keep it? 😉 I’m working on a mocha coconut brew right now… nothing like drinking what tastes like dessert in the morning! Have a great weekend!

Sorry Soni

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Thanks for the coffee

You have to give the cup back or run the risk of being arrested for stealing it. I’m reliably informed Glenn Stole it and filled it with coffee then gave it to you so you could have a drink and get moving first thing this morning.

It’s one of the problems when you associate with members of the Medical Profession they are known to Liberate Cups to feed their addiction and see nothing wrong with it. [Maniacal Laughter]

Col

Don’t listen to HAL, Sonja…

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to Thanks for the coffee

Of course you can keep the cup! I’ve got plenty! See, the fountain has a large supply of cups, keep them full for the morning coffee drinkers! Other cups and mugs were left by various pharma representatives, since they can’t leave me the good stuff like they do for MDs, hehe! Shucks, I feel lucky if I get an ink pen or scratch pad!! 🙂

Where are you guys posting?

by slayer_ ·

The community still shows the exact same comments as last week?

I post here and there, in Q&A,

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to Where are you guys posting?

and the Watercooler! 10 posts last week, woo hoo!
        😉
        BTW, slayer, I got rid of the multiple posts. Tip…even though it sometimes seems as though your comment doesn’t post, don’t press post again unless you get an error message.

Slayer I’m not sure where Wiz is posting

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Where are you guys posting?

But I haven’t been around much with mum in Horsepital but I do try to look in every day.

Col

Seems that I was busier last week than what I thought I was

by hal 9000 ·

Anyway regardless Soni have a great weekend.

Toni and NetMan1988! Hippo Burfday.

Col

Also there is something screwy going on here

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Seems that I was busier last week than what I thought I was

When I tried posting with IE in Comparability View I was presented with a download option to download something. The same thing happened when I clicked on Reply. I’ve currently got 2 Unknown Files int he Download list which for obvious reasons I’ve stopped.

IE8 also didn’t display the above post even with refreshing and changing from Oldest to newest several times. The only way I got the post above up was to restart the browser after opening the same thread in FF and even in that every time I click on Reply the site goes through the Log In Process even though I have already made a post and am logged in.

Col

I’ve turned compatibility view off

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to Also there is something screwy going on here

with IE8 and IE10 the past couple of weeks, so far working pretty well. Opera 11.64 works also…and if all else fails, I’ve got a KHTML based browser to throw at the site (QTWeb).

edit to add…now, for the “HUB” and accessing the moderator tools, I don’t have much luck with IE of any version, but Opera works. Maybe I should fire up Win95 and IE501, hehe!

Well when I try to post without Compatibility Mode

by hal 9000 ·

I get Strange things happening. But I now have a long list of Paused Downloads sitting in a Que several with every post and what made things interesting was with a answer to a question I got the post repeated 7 or 8 times all with a 2 second time between each post.

May we all live in interesting times.

Col

By golly…

by wizard57m ·

I found my lost login information for just “Wizard57M”!!! Hadn’t been able to use that since around 2004 or so…the email service I used went belly up…the old P166 with DOS/Win95 had an old version of ZDNet Password Pro, 16 bit, and there it was! Testing to see if I can post with it, hehe! 😉

To clarify…

by wizard57m ·

I used the member name “Wizard57M” to post, instead of “wizard57m-cnet”…so, things could really get confusing! I haven’t tried posting with the old P166 yet…YET! It probably could, if I used a bit newer browser, not sure though, Win95 hasn’t had many new browsers made, might could get Opera 10.10??? It has Opera 8.54, as well as IE501…why shucks, might even boot it up into DOS, and give Arachne a run, but I doubt that will post, since nobody put together a JavaScript interpreter for DOS, and most of the new sites are heavily script based…but who knows! I used to access a few JavaScript driven email sites, but had to use a little trick to get them, hehe! Anyway…kind of neat to have my old nick on the post! 🙂

Now Wiz don’t get carried away

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to To clarify…

The men in the white coats may be taking a closer look than usual as you used the naughty word Windows.

Col

That’s why I keep a couple of white coats close at hand!

by Wizard57M-TR ·

That way I can blend in, they think I’m one of them! 😉 What would probably raise and eyebrow is the use of Win95!! Let alone DOS…that might push THEM over the edge! 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads