BigWoodchuck – 51
    Smedley54 – 26
    Charles Bundy and Stalemate – 25

TR members with the most Votes Up in the Q&A forum
    robo_dev – 6
    OH Smeg – 3

Spam busters
    Deadly Ernest – 24
    Our spam busters (AKA moderators) zapped, whacked, and smacked down all other spam that wiggled and jiggled!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Holy hurricane, Batman, how the heck did I make that many posts?

by deadly ernest ·

In reply to TR Community scoreboard for September 28, 2012

Anyway, I must have said something someone liked to get that many votes. I got lucky with the spammers and caught a few busy ones while they were still busy.

Come on people, make some posts, I can’t be spending that much more time here than the rest of you. Anyway, my back is starting to get better and I’m getting some sleep, so I should be off writing stories again soon.

Thanks for the info, Sonja.

Thanks Soni

by purpleskys ·

Hope you have a most fantabulous weekend 🙂 and a happy weekend to everyone!

Thank you, Sonja!

by Wizard57M-TR ·

Hope everybody is gearing up for a great weekend! We actually received some
      sort of liquid precipitation this past week…rumor has it that it is called “rain”!
      Plus the cooler temps, all in all much needed relief. Drought conditions may
      ease a bit, many of the red flag fire warnings have been canceled at least for
      a time.
      See everyone on the forums! 🙂

I would have posted more but I kept

by tony hopkinson ·

getting locked out by DE. :p

Still it’s nice that I made the list with the one of lowest number of posts ever…

Lowest number of posts…

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to I would have posted more but I kept

Now there’s a mention I’d be in the running for! Most of the time I keep
        quiet. Unless I’m in a humorous mood, or sometimes cantankerous!
        I also try to help in the Q&A section, but many times Col beats me to
        the answer on those…he uses two personalities on them and being
        “down under” he’s got a 12 hour or so advantage!! LOL.

While I try to keep up with

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Lowest number of posts…

The Spammers, most of the time I find that Mr Wiz beats me to them.

Not really sure what that says about the Time Difference though. 🙁

Col

I’ve got a couple of other tools to use on the spammers…

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to While I try to keep up with

besides checking in the forums here at the site, I’ve been using the
          group that Tammikins setup, even though I’m not a big fan of Google,
          it does come in handy. Since I took over some of the moderating
          duties at ZDNet, I’ve found the Google Group and the ZDNet CMS
          site indispensable in fighting the spammers.
          One thing I’ve noticed is that with more moderators checking for
          spammers, we’re gradually discouraging the others from attempting
          to spam the forums! I remember catching over 100 spams in a week
          not too many months ago. I also see old spams every now and then
          that probably reflect the relaxed attitude we once had in regards to
          spammers. We probably will never be able to completely eliminate
          spam and junk, but it is a relief to see a significant reduction in the
          numbers of spammers!
          Glenn
          aka Wiz 😉

I see Glenn

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to I’ve got a couple of other tools to use on the spammers…

Leave the rest of us to fight over the dregs and ABC Shopping. :^0

I actually got 17 from them the other day but that was a fluke as they tend to post late in the afternoon my time.

Col

Only that wiz beats you to the spammers operating in his time zone – nt

by deadly ernest ·

In reply to While I try to keep up with

nt

Well actually

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Only that wiz beats you to the spammers operating in his time zone – nt

DE is also in on the act as I’ve seen him mark ABC Shopping spam lately. 😉

Col

ayep, but I have health issues that keep me awake and on the

by deadly ernest ·

In reply to Well actually

computer at all sorts of weird hours of late.

Nice try Tony, but I don’t have the access to lock people out. Except

by deadly ernest ·

those at the front door of my house! Were you the salesman I slammed the door on the other day?

Well with the Wife off to Horsepital next week

by hal 9000 ·

[i]I’ve made the decision to make a Model WMD to keep me occupied. Apparently a Doodle Bug as used by the Germans in WW11 qualifies. :^0

But I want a real flying Model so I’m making a Pulse Jet Engine for it instead of using a Rocket cartridge it should also sound like the real thing instead of just look like it. Even if I’ll never get the time to actually fly it.[/i] 🙁

Unfortunately I’m not allowed to slit her neck no matter how much I’m supposed to want to, but the up side is that if she comes home unable to Nag [i]EH I mean talk[/i] I may just get some [b]Peace and Quite.[/b] :^0

Very unlikely though and apparently when females are in car collisions they are supposed to insist that the Quacks touch up their Breasts and Necks. Not something I would have considered as standard but then again what would I know. ;\

Only real problem though is that the Quacks insisted that i treat her gently and when I try to I get beaten up. :_|

Guess I’ve another week of being Assaulted and Nagged before they attack her, and worse still her daughter browbeating me to treat her gently, as if anything I could do now would make a difference. Though I have offered to use a Chain Saw from the back of the neck to do the operation and bolt her head back on with some big Stainless Steal Nuts & Bolts but she’s decided to decline the offer. Apparently using staples is her preferred way to proceed here. Today I brought up the Stapler and was told to get it away from her. It’s only small too and isn’t the type to bend the staples it just shoots them in. 😀

Apparently they are supposed to start from the front with a small incision but I’ve always been told that the bigger the scar the more that the patients have to boast about to their fiends ER I mean Friends. ]:)

Did you lot notice that I made no mention of Women Drivers in the above. :^0

And DE I may not be around much the next week so you’ll have to suffer with the most posts again next week Not to mention the week after I’ll defiantly be scarce but after she walks to the Horsepital for the Opp and walks home a few days latter things should be starting to get back to normal even if I’m supposed to run around after her doing what she wants to do. :p

Col

Ahh yess…

by Wizard57M-TR ·

In reply to Well with the Wife off to Horsepital next week

the much ballyhooed hubby as nurse routine!! Been there, still doing it!
        Mrs Wiz kind of got spoiled (more spoiled some say) when she was recuperating
        and I took over most of the household chores…cooking, cleaning, laundry…
        and with 3 older teens in the household, well let’s just say I was a busy Wiz!
        She still doesn’t have a lot of upper body stamina, so I end up doing most
        of the chores and a lot of the cooking. Wonder what went wrong???
        Plus I still work 9 hours a day at least at the store?!? That’s why I come
        upstairs as I am now and fire up my old Dell Dimension and tether my
        BlackJack as a wireless modem, hehe! At least I can get some “Wiz time”
        in here at TR!! 😉
        Hang in there Col…it’ll get worse! LOL 🙂

Well the Quacks

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Ahh yess…

I should add Female Quacks insist that I drive her around partly because they are saying that she’ll be unable to drive to which I just commented [b]When have you seen her driving?[/b]

That got me into no end of trouble too. :^0

I also tried to get her on Shrink Drugs because she’s delusional by insisting that everything that goes wrong is my fault but they wouldn’t play nice and feed her up on them. :_|

Isn’t it wonderful how females stick together and pick on the males in their lives. 😉

Well on the up side I might get some time to be quite in the next week or two if nothing else. Though I did show [b]SWMBO[/b] a Coffin done up to look like a TARDIS and her comment was she wanted one so I told her that I would make sure to get a cardboard one for her by Tuesday week for when she died at the meatworks. The busing should start to disappear in several months. 🙁

Col ]:)

Viewing 5 reply threads