Question

• Creator
    Topic

Transfer of dictionary Autocorrect from old office to Office 2007

by comunicazione ·

First of all, forgive my bad English. My question is: I’m a Univ. Professor and I use very often the AutoCorrect function of Word, for the accented words in Portoguese. Now I use Vista/Office 07, and I don’t know how to transfer the about 2000 word I have in my other computer, in Word for Office 97 (I think the file has as extention .acl). What should I do? Thanks, Julio Martins
    e-mail: comunicazione@sagarana.net

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by comunicazione ·

In reply to Transfer of dictionary Autocorrect from old office to Office 2007

Clarifications

Firstly I don’t know if you can do this

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Transfer of dictionary Autocorrect from old office to Office 2007

Because there is such a massive time difference between the products but you should be able to Import your Personal Dictionary using the File & Setting Transfer Wizard from the OS on your new computer directly from your old computer.

Only possible problem is that because there are so many different versions of Office between the two versions that you want to use here it may not be possible to do.

Col

I have it also in Office 2003

by comunicazione ·

In reply to Firstly I don’t know if you can do this

Dear Hal,
        thank you for your help. I verify that I have this “dictionary” of the Auto Correct also in a more recent version of Office, in another computer, Office 2003 in a Windows XP. I remember that the tecnician who made the transfer 2 years ago told me then that the file for Office 2003 has no longer an extention user.acl, but the name had changed (but I don’t remember the name). Considering what you said, maybe is easier to make this transfer from Office 2003 to Office 2007. What should I do, in yuor opinion?
        Thank you again,
        Julio

Viewing 1 reply thread