General discussion

Locked

trouble with scheduled tasks

By coreyschram ·
Hi I just installed Windows XP Pro. with service pack 2 and I can not get the task scheduler to work. Every time I go to add a task I get the following error message.
The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information existed for the task.
The specific error is:
0x8004130f: No account information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the task indicated.

Does anyone have any Ideas on how I can get this to work cause I cannot install any antivirus or firewall without it working.

Thank you.

Corey

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dryflies In reply to trouble with scheduled ta ...

You have to give the scheduler a user name and password which has the necessary permissions to run the job. if you are part of a domain, the domain name needs to precede the username:
mydomain\myuser. if you want to use a local computer account, use the same syntax
localcomputername\myuser. if you are not on a domain, you can use the simple user name.
The key here is that the scheduled task has to authenticate just like any other user. using the scheduled task wizard will prompt you for this info.

please rate my answer

Collapse -

by coreyschram In reply to

I did that but it still gives me the same error message.

Collapse -

by ippirate In reply to trouble with scheduled ta ...

You have to provide TS with an administrator account name and PW to run the task you are attempting. It will use this to authenticate itself as legit when it runs.

Collapse -

by coreyschram In reply to

I only have one administrator account on my computer and it is password protected. I input both and still didn't work

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Discussions

Related Forums