Question

TS 2003 for admin vs services

By Mikeo1313 ·
While doing a little research of server 2003 TS I ran across this:

"Although administrators have the capability to install software through a Remote Desktop for Administration session, Terminal Services running in Terminal Server mode provides better installation and environment settings for office applications. For general desktop and remote application access functionality, use a dedicated Terminal Server solutio"

Since I'm just scratching the surface this inspires some questions.
(all in context of server 2003)

1. If your permitted to run a TS 2003 in both remote admin, console & regular TS mode (at the same time) and have your 10 cals occupied by users sharing a shared financial application.

I assume the 2 administrators, if they like, will be able to use the shared TS financial application as a regular TS users do??

2. When remote desktop for administration "rd" is disabled on TS your not allowed to remotely access the "console" nor can a user with either with local (on TS) admin priviledges RD to TS??

3. To what point does the application serving really go?? RD brings the presentation layer to the client. If the "served" TS application integrates with outlook but is only installed locally on the client, I assume unless there is more mystics to serving applications with TS, once it notices outlook isn't installed locally on TS, the function won't fly.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums