Discussions

Ugrade to Server 2008

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Ugrade to Server 2008

IT.OFFICER
I am currently using Dell PowerEdge 2950, Interl Pentium III, Xeon processor (4 CPU'S - 2.5Ghz. I am currently Server 2003 with 30 users. I have not done any trainings on Server 2008 only on Server 2003. I will like to upgrade to Server 2008 but my boss is asking me to write him a business case.

How can can i do that ??? Any ideas..

Thank you in advance..
  • +
    0 Votes
    bhattumam

if you have domain configured for 30 users then you will see lot many possibilities to control them via GPO. if not on domain, there will not be any much difference you can make with windows 2008

+
    0 Votes
    Lena Weber

Hi,
    Perhaps you could present him with data comparing the features and cost of your current Server 2003 and what would be expected if you upgrade to server 2008. You should consider including the following data:
    - Productivity and efficiency
    - Scalability and performance
    - Data management and backup
    - Availability and security
    - Virtualization capabilities
    - Standardization
    You can also maybe support this with an actual case study (you can probably find it on the SQL Server 2008 site).
    Good luck :) Lena

• +
    0 Votes
    bhattumam

if you have domain configured for 30 users then you will see lot many possibilities to control them via GPO. if not on domain, there will not be any much difference you can make with windows 2008

+
    0 Votes
    Lena Weber

Hi,
    Perhaps you could present him with data comparing the features and cost of your current Server 2003 and what would be expected if you upgrade to server 2008. You should consider including the following data:
    - Productivity and efficiency
    - Scalability and performance
    - Data management and backup
    - Availability and security
    - Virtualization capabilities
    - Standardization
    You can also maybe support this with an actual case study (you can probably find it on the SQL Server 2008 site).
    Good luck :) Lena