General discussion

Unable to connect to SonicWall TZ170

By gregervin ·
I picked up a Sonicwall TZ170 firewall that had previously been configured. None of the configurations were documented so I attempted to default it. The default ip should be 192.168.168.168 but I am unable to connect to it through my web browser. I have a good connection going into the "wan" port and am connected to my windows xp pro laptop at lan port 1. I pressed the reset button for 45 seconds and power cycled the firewall, but am still unable to connect I also turned off the popup blockers on my browser and set my laptop to have a static ip of 192.168.168.20 and a gateway of 192.168.168.168. Any reason I may not be able to connect?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Any help

by gregervin In reply to Unable to connect to Soni ...

Anyone have any ideas?

Collapse -

seems to be an old thread, but..

by lloyd In reply to Unable to connect to Soni ...

can you ping the sonicwall from the workstation, on the default ip?

in the event you have not resolved...

Collapse -

I've been through this already

by pthompson In reply to Unable to connect to Soni ...

Hey, I just finish setting up two of these systems with a VPN tunnel between then. Here is a like i just found today that should help you out. http://www.ski-epic.com/2007_small_business_setup/configure_tz170.html.

If you need any futher assitance, just drop me a note. This is a complicated device. I still am having issues getting it to work wirelessly with Vista through the DHCp. Seems like vista tries to look for the DHCp with ARP function that the TZ 170 does not like. I'm lookin at the website now for Sonic wall.

Collapse -

Cable Type

by nadatu In reply to Unable to connect to Soni ...

Based on you facts alone, i would check first that i'm using a cross-over cable when connecting directly to LAN port 1 (Laptop to TZ170). Straight-thru cable requires a hub/switch in-between.

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums