Question

Upgarde to 2007 - Original data connections between excel and access

By shaun_hawking ·
I have just upgraded from excel 2003 and access 2000 to excel and access 2007 where I had automatic data connections including parametres setup to import data from access to excel. These data connections are no longer working since the upgrade to 2007 and on opening file with the data connections, it gets stuck on 'waiting for query to execute'. Does anyone have a solution please?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Macros?

by scott_heath In reply to Upgarde to 2007 - Origina ...

If the data import is kicked off by macros, which it probably is, then you need to change your macro security. It should be under Options, Security, Macro Security or something close to that. It is the one feature with Office 2007 I am least happy with. There is no more Enable and Warn, just Disable and Warn. You will have to set macro security to Enable for all macros.

Cheers,
Scott

Visit my blog @
http://scottisageek.spaces.live.com

Collapse -

Using Microsoft query and ODBC

by shaun_hawking In reply to Macros?

Thanks Scott, but I am actually not using a macro. I am using a miscrosoft query and odbc connection. I am slowly working around the problem by relinking the connection to the database. It is frustrating to say the least, as well as the macro problem you have menioned above.
Our IT department have informed me that there is no way around it.

Cheers

Collapse -

A couple of tips here

by Jacky Howe In reply to Upgarde to 2007 - Origina ...
Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums