General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

USB problem! help needed

by roy.soham ·

hi
    am having intel 101GGC motherboard and 6 usb ports on it…recently all my 6 usb ports stopped working. am now not able to use any of the usb devices. when i open device manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers….
    there is an yellow exclamation mark on “standard enhanced PCI to USB host controller “….i tried installing a fresh XP and then the motherboard CD with with no luck…i also tried changing the usb wires into other usb unit ie. on the motherboard…but nothing has changed… i also tried intel site for driver update but there are no updates for usb driver because it comes with XP…
    Pls help me out on this problem…so that i can resume my normal work….
    Soham Roy

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

It’s not unusual

by tintoman ·

In reply to USB problem! help needed

After a windows installation to find that some devices on your motherboard do not work.
      To fix this you will need the driver CD that came with your motherboard.
      I am not aware of any motherboard manufacturer that does not provide drivers

As per my previous post to your previous question

by computercookie ·

In reply to USB problem! help needed

Did you download the following driver?

Chipset: ATI Radeon* Xpress 200

Chipset driver for Intel? Desktop Boards with the ATI Radeon* Xpress 200 chipset. The INF files inform the operating system how to properly configure the chipset for specific functionality, such as USB and core PCI.
      “Try this link
      http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=N&ProductID=2229&DwnldID=9557&strOSs=19&OSFullName=Windows*%202000&lang=eng

If this doesn’t work I’d reset the board to default settings and try again.

Other than that or if you think it won’t help purchase a pci card.
      Posted: 02/04/2008 @ 08:59 PM (PST) “

Viewing 1 reply thread