General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Vista Launch

by shellbot ·

Going to the Vista launch in Ireland tonight. I’m not big into OS’s though, so purely going for the excitement of it all.

There will be excitement won’t there?

Anyways..I’ve heard at some of these things they have reps floating around..oh, maybe they are called Product Evangelists?

So was thinking, anyone have an idea for a great question to ask regarding the product..so if i spy a rep i can annoy them?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

When? / Why not in Vista? / How long until?

by now left tr ·

In reply to Vista Launch

WinFS…..

Not likely Shelly

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to Vista Launch

The Vista Pre release comes in 2 forms an all day affair that covers everything that isn’t in Vista that was supposed to be and the night time one for OEM Builders.

Well at least that’s how it ran over here in AU. If you are going to the OEM System Builders one even if you are not a System Builder you’ll get a lot from it as you get the real Tech types there and none of the marketing people who spin things so far out of skew that you no longer know if you’re coming or going.

They should have a couple of suppliers there who offer a discount for orders of Vista and some other product that is Vista Compatible but that’s country dependant so I’m not exactly sure what you’ll see there though the drinks and nibbles after the show was over where great here and they ran a Lucky Door Prize which I avoid like the plague as if you enter you end up with heaps of spam delivered to your In Box.

Actually I saw very few of those that where there for the XP release at the Vista show and lots of new faces all of who think that they are going to get rich overnight and retire in a few months. It’s a nice dream but somewhat short on reality though if you truly believe the M$ Spin Doctors if you are not retiring within 6 months you never can make a Buck. 😀

Enjoy it anyway. 🙂

Col

?:| Lost me there

by dawgit ·

In reply to Not likely Shelly

You lost on the last part, the part about the- “…lots of new faces all of who think that they are going to get rich overnight and retire in a few months. It’s a nice dream but somewhat short on reality though if you truly believe the M$ Spin Doctors if you are not retiring within 6 months you never can make a Buck” ???
        Why would anyone even think that they would be getting rich?

At the OEM System Builders Pre Launch

by hal 9000 ·

In reply to ?:| Lost me there

M$ was pushing the idea of just how much more you would be making in hardware sales so you where far more profitable than with any previous OS that they have released.

And I actually noticed very few people that I knew from previous M$ Meetings. There are so many new faces that it isn’t funny. The few that I do keep in touch with have given it all away now and are selling vacuum cleaners or something similar as working with the Computer Market admittedly the Home Computer Market has driven them away.

Actually my biggest problem is with M$ Licensing as it’s constantly changing it’s hard to keep up with and just to rub salt into the wounds last week I had to buy a 50 Site License for a customer and I wanted XP and Office 2003. M$ Didn’t want to sell me that product but tried very hard to sell me Vista and Office 2007. As they couldn’t tell me if the EULA had a backward compatible option like XP Pro I wasn’t really interested as this customer has some Mission Critical Applications that work Perfectly on XP and will not run in Office 2007 but work perfectly with Office 2003. That may change when more of office becomes available and is used more with many of the bugs ironed out but right now it’s not a option.

Col

Well, I wouldn’t want to see…

by dawgit ·

In reply to Vista Launch

you getting kicked out the place, but I’d love to see the look on the faces if they had to (with out lying) answer the big Europian Legal question as to the ‘If’s of even getting Vista into the EU. (and the still unresolved court case)
      Actually, I would like to know when we will have access to the Business and Enterprise versions of Vista. (with-out all the cover up talk about the latest Office offering). That is the big Question that No-one seems to want to answer. (are they afraid we will find out it IS all hype?)
      Anyway have fun.!. Eat all their food and enjoy. -d

Viewing 2 reply threads