Question

What is i/o card parity interrupt at f000 b5e6?

By bhunter904 ·
I am receiving an error that states that i/o card parity interrupt at f000 b5e6. I am working on a Optiplex 380. There are no cards installed. The bios version is A01. I can't input anything with the keyboard for the options to (S)hutdown or (R)eboot. I am running XP, with 4 Gb RAM, intel dual core duo.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

When you say 'there are no cards installed'

by robo_dev In reply to What is i/o card parity i ...

What about the riser board for the hard drives? (is yours a tower or rack-mount server?)

Faulty or improperly installed expansion card or I/O board.

Ensure that the expansion cards are properly installed. If the problem persists, replace the expansion card (see "Expansion Cards"). If the problem persists, replace the I/O board (see "Expansion-Card Insulator and I/O Board").

Collapse -

No non-factory cards

by bhunter904 In reply to What is i/o card parity i ...

The are no non-factory installed cards. Its a tower. The only card are the ones that are integrated into the motherboard.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by robo_dev In reply to No non-factory cards

Well then it sounds like the problem is integrated into the mobo as well :)

I would perhaps do a BIOS reset, but obviously that would not be possible if your keyboard input is not working either.

Since I repair electronics, my approach would be to look for burnt components, bulging or leaking capacitors, all while surfing ebay for a replacement mobo.

Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Operating Systems Forums