General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

What on earth happened here with development then?

by the ‘g-man.’ ·

Everything has changes and I see no guide.

Was the user (read customer) community consulted at any level as to the changes as is a standard principle is any project?

Or is this another case of – “we know what the customers want” which always ends in failure?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

I have to agree

by neilb@uk ·

In reply to What on earth happened here with development then?

You can eventually find your way around but, as you do, you begin to wonder why you should bother.

My thumbs have gone. When they did the last revamp, at least they converted points to thumbs. I have no incentive whatsoever to answer any questions.

And something that is so absolutely stupid,

by neilb@uk ·

that I have insufficient words to describe, is that clicking on a discussion thread doesn’t even show me the original post unless I scroll down a page!

I can see the “top rated” post – hey, people, I’ll make my own mind up what is good – and the “latest” post but not what the bloody thread is about!

I have to agree…

by keighlar ·

In reply to And something that is so absolutely stupid,

The “Top Rated” and “Just In” sections at the top of each discussion eat up an entire scroll wheel down and I have to pay way too much attention to try and find out where the thread actually starts. If they want to keep those sections, it would be helpful to shrink their footprint or place them off to the side – anything to get them out of the way.

I have to agree.

by boxfiddler ·

In reply to And something that is so absolutely stupid,

[i]I’ll make my own mind up what is good[/i]

I’m afraid I’ll have to

by ansugisalas ·

In reply to I have to agree.

inform your authorities of those very scary sentiments! 😀

I’ll agree with everyting here so far.

by seanferd ·

Go check a thread with 2 posts in it, and you can see one post up to three times. Duh.

And I still don’t get the idea of clicking on a link to a post in the lists, but being taken to the top of the thread. Or the -2 level, or however we call this extraneous post baggage above the thread.

Ok, this bit isn’t about content,

by boxfiddler ·

navigation, bugs… It’s about [b]feel[/b].

The forum pages are busy, cluttered, and oddly claustrophobic. Not to mention hard on the eyes in spite of larger font. I’m so unable to hang for hours. It’s a pop in and out thing, now.

Noeeesss!

[i]fix tag[/i]

Viewing 3 reply threads