General discussion

Where is the Tig?

By Tig2 ·
Hiding.

That is the simple solution and I wish I could have used it.

My mother died this morning. Right now, I am dying inside. I hate everything is so simple and yet, so succinct.

I encourage all of you to hug your mothers. I missed seeing mine for the last eight years. And I will never see her again. I can't begin to tell you how that hurts.

We are all technical professionals. And yet we are sometimes pushed to the limit by things outside of our ability to control.

How do you deal with the hard times? What do you do when you have to manage the horrific and still do your job?

I am nearly 46. I have survived cancer. I feel like I have been slammed upside the brain and I feel so very lost just now.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

34 total posts (Page 1 of 4)   01 | 02 | 03 | 04   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Here for you Tigger!

by OnTheRopes In reply to Where is the Tig?
Collapse -

My shoulders

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Where is the Tig?

are yours. You know where to find me.

I frankly have no clue how I deal with certain hard times. I just do. Getting through a time so grindingly difficult as loss of a loved one is a matter of heart. You have plenty of that. Do what has to be done, let the grief flow, look to hope.

If I can help, I am here.

Collapse -

Tig

by Michael Jay In reply to Where is the Tig?

I have no words.

I hold you close in my thoughts and prayers.

Collapse -

I am very sorry for your loss....

by Fregeus In reply to Where is the Tig?

My deepest sympathies for you and yours. I will hug my mom for you.

Take care

TCB

Collapse -

There are no words...

by tcavadias Staff In reply to Where is the Tig?

As I sit here I find I am at a loss for words - it seems so simple to say "I am so deeply sorry Tig" but that doesn't seem to be enough to express how deeply my heart aches for you.

No matter the circumstances it's never easy to lose our Mother's (or Father's). We can always say "it's for the best" but that doesn't make it any easier - it still hurts all the same.

Both my parents are still alive and for that I am thankful even when they both drive me nuts - at least they are here to drive me batty. For that I am thankful, as I know one day they won't be.

Over the years I've lost family members who have been close to me - my Uncle was one of the hardest as he was like a father to me.

The other I have lost was my son - not by death though, but I lost him all the same - the last time I saw him he was 6 yrs old - his father disappeared with him and I haven't seen him since. That was almost 20 yrs ago. He will be 26 this year - for me that is the most horrific experience of my life and one I live with every day.

You asked how do we deal? Sometimes we just do, other times we take a break and just break down, other times we throw our energy into something. Sometimes we scream at the world how unfair life is. Sometimes we just live for today and not worry about tomorrow. As sometimes that is all we can handle. One day at a time. Sometimes we just need to grab ahold of someones hand and hold on tight.

Tig, my heart does go out to you and if you need anything you know how to reach me.

-Tammy

Collapse -

Tig

by santeewelding In reply to Where is the Tig?

You are one of first few.

My heart to you.

Collapse -

How do I deal?

by jdclyde In reply to Where is the Tig?

The best I can, one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time.

I want to be around loved ones, and I want to be left alone. I want to open up to someone and I want to just get away from everyone.

People tell me they know how I feel, but they don't, try as they might. It annoys me to hear it, and I love them dearly for trying to comfort me and be there.

The pain reminds us that we are alive.

Everytime we lose someone dear, it is a reminder to hold the rest near and dear. It shakes us out of the daily rush to do nothing, and realigns our priorities.

I wish you peace of mind Tig. I have had loss and know loss, but I don't know your loss. You are one of the strongest willed people I know, and this will get better.

Collapse -

Tigger

by maxwell edison In reply to Where is the Tig?

Oh my! I know that words can't heal the pain, they can't make things better, and they can't fix anything that hurts.

I was never close to my father, and the range of emotions I experienced at his passing last fall are indescribable. I'm very close to my mother (pushing 90), and I plan to visit her in 7 weeks. I'll give her a HUGE hug.

Tigger, consider this (>..<) a HUGE cyber-hug!

Collapse -

So sorry Tig

by Jacky Howe In reply to Where is the Tig?

Can I suggest a good cry as it will do wonders and help to ease the pain. Keep your chin up.

Rob

Collapse -

I'm here too, Tig

by gadgetgirl In reply to Where is the Tig?

You have a multitude of ways to reach me if you need to. You know I'll always be there for you.

Take it an hour at a time. Right now, days are too long to deal with.

Ma had a big hug on Sunday, as did Pa. They'll get double at the weekend.

You know fine well that I consider you part of my family, and as such, I'm feeling a part of your pain. When that pain gets too much to deal with pick up the phone/laptop/skype. And to **** with the time difference.

hugs and love, Tricia. To help you get through this.

GG

Back to Desktop Forum
34 total posts (Page 1 of 4)   01 | 02 | 03 | 04   Next

Hardware Forums