Question

• Creator
    Topic

Why MS Office Word 2010 restart when 2 are open

by tshifhango ·

Hi TR

I have a problem with MS Office Word 2010. Everytime I work on 2 or more workBooks trying to copy from another and pasting on another, my MS Office Word 2010, closes and restarts without saving, which is setting me back alot. I’ve tried, repairing/modifying and re-installing the whole Office package, but the problem persists. What else can I do to resolve such an issue. Please assist

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by tshifhango ·

In reply to Why MS Office Word 2010 restart when 2 are open

Clarifications

Temp files, disk check, other programs

by robo_dev ·

In office, there is a setting where temporary files and autorecover files are stored.

The temp and autorecover folders need to exist where the program thinks they are, and they cannot have ten million files in them, or have bad sectors, etc.

What OS?

IF this is Windows, there could be MANY other issues, such as malware, other programs such as anti-virus software interfering, faulty device drivers, etc.

If this is Windows, you should look at the event logs to see if the program is generating an error message when it crashes.

try windows safe mode, then maybe a windows clean boot

by databaseben ·

try testing your msword by launching windows in safemode, then see if the issue also occurs there.

if in safemode the issue does not occur, then reboot in normal mode windows. then hold down the ctrl key and launch word at the same time. this step will launch msword in safemode.

if the issue still exists in normal mode but while msword is operating in its safemode state, then your computer may simply be overwhelmed with process’s and memory consumption.

the next step is to execute a clean boot and launch windows with minimal to no process’s and see if this helps. here is my blog on the method:

Safe Clean Booting

Viewing 2 reply threads