General discussion

Win. 2000 GPO's

By khan ·
I have set up an OU on Windows 2000 server and linked a group policy to the said OU. I then created a user within that OU however the Group Policy does not take effect. Why? The OU has the apply group policy and read permissions. Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Win. 2000 GPO's

by d.walker5 In reply to Win. 2000 GPO's

This behavior can result form many causes:
1. Double check that the GPO is linked to the OU.
2. Make sure that the intended policy if not being blocked. Make sure no policy set at a higher level of AD has been set to No Override. If Block Policy Inheritance and No Override are both used, the no Override takes precedence. Be sure that the user or computer is not a member of any security group for which the AGP permission is set to Deny. Verify that the user or computer is a member of at leastone group for which the AGP permission is set to Allow. Verify the that user or computer is a member of at least one security group for which the Read permission is set to Allow.
3. Make sure the GPO link is to an OU that is a parent to AD cantainer. Then, by default, your settings are applied to the users and computers in the cantainer throught inheritance.

I hope one of these solutions solves your problem, if not let me know.

Back to Windows Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  

Operating Systems Forums