General discussion

Win 2000 printing

By ttalmon ·
I am trying to troubleshoot a printing problem. The sw that I am using directly accesses the printer setup in windows to print. I have had no probs, except for win 2k. I can print when logged in as admin, but not as a regular user. What is the level of security that I need to give my users, ( I am not that familiar w/ win 2k) so that they can print w/ this app.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Win 2000 printing

by Eideto In reply to Win 2000 printing

I had this same problem when trying to establish print queue's on Novell using JetDirect. Unfortunately, every driver is different. Access the printer properties by right clicking it, make sure you are logged in as administrator.. see if you can identify a security or permissions tab in settings and give your users full rights. If it is that easy you are lucky, however if you aren't then you need to go into users/passwords in control panel and add user, then when it asks for the level of security, go to the bottom of the screen and click on the drop down menu so that it selects administrator. This will give your users administrative access rights and also rights to your printer..

Good Luck -- this is on Windows 2000 Professional. I haven't played with any others...

Collapse -

Win 2000 printing

by ttalmon In reply to Win 2000 printing

helped, but I am looking not to give my users administrative rigths to the pc. And I have even given them admin rights, and it doesn't work, it will only print when I am logged in as the sysadmin

Collapse -

Win 2000 printing

by rleshner In reply to Win 2000 printing

Go to your printer manufacturers website, they will probably have updated drivers for win2k.

I've seen old drivers do strange things with 2000

Collapse -

Win 2000 printing

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Win 2000 printing

by James_Randy In reply to Win 2000 printing

If you are still tackling this problem, perhaps you should consider calling your local super-hero.

Collapse -

Win 2000 printing

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Win 2000 printing

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Desktop Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums