General discussion

Win 2000 & real player

By ddornak ·
I'm running windows 2000 professional on my dell dimension. My problem is when I try to connect to real player, media 7,napster or anything that needs to connect to a server I get an error not able to connect to server. My email and internet Explorer 5.5 works fine. I've done the setup with the proxy setting and even tried to put in my password. all of 95&98 connect with no problem, so it is not our firewall or proxy server. I think it is in my windows 2000. Do I need to turn on a service that is needed? Thanks for any help.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Win 2000 & real player

by ipjunkie In reply to Win 2000 & real player

So you tried selecting "use browser proxy settings" I take it? Have you tried EXACTLY duplicating the proxy settings from the Win98 PCs?

Also, RealPlayer has an option for Automatic configuration, did you give that a try?

Sorry if these seemed like redundant questions.
-ipjunkie-

Collapse -

Win 2000 & real player

by ddornak In reply to Win 2000 & real player

Yes, I've duplicated the proxy setting and I tried the automatic config. I'm just getting frustrated. This is why I thought it might be a setting in win 2000.

Collapse -

Win 2000 & real player

by GIJoe In reply to Win 2000 & real player

Is this still a problem?

Collapse -

Win 2000 & real player

by ddornak In reply to Win 2000 & real player

yes, it is still a problem but I just started using Media player and it works fine. Just don't have enough time to mess with it. Thanks

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)