General discussion

Win2000 server - XP problem

By jps_dan ·
Hello,
Please take a look at this scenario and advice somehow:
I have a network with Win2000 server running DHCP, DNS, Exchange, HTTP and so on servers. I had a problem with the Internet and the ISP decided to change my cable modem. He gave me another one but it doesn't work with my router. So I had to add a new net adapter on my XP workstation and configure everything to allow everybody in the network to access Internet and to everything working (mail, web server...). All perfect so far!!!!
But I had to define my XP as a router so I had to change its internal IP address as "192.168.0.1". Since that moment I started facing some strange problems... My win98 users couldn't connect to my shared resources (files, printer), so I manually changed on "Win2000 server DNS" the IP address allocated to my PC. Since that moment I couldn't connect my XP to the server. I cannot even browse the network. And of course the win98 users can't see my shares. I tried a lot of things on these bloody computers, but nothing works. I removed my XP from domain and added again, I deleted the XP computer account from "AD users & computers" and created a new account manually and a lot of things more, but nothing worked. Does anyone know what the **** is happening with my XP???? Or maybe is the server?????
Please help, this problem has been driven me crazy the last few days.
Thanks.
Danny

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Paul Gowen In reply to Win2000 server - XP probl ...

your problem comes from the IP address setting and ICS by looks of it...emai me the post and i will try to work it out...(support at gowenweb dot com)

Cheers

Collapse -

Another tack

by wcox In reply to Win2000 server - XP probl ...

How about just buying your own cable modem that will work with your current router and undoing everything done with your xp workstation so you don't have such a complicated mess to deal with? Comcast here in Texas lets us use our own modems and they're around $75...

Back to IT Employment Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)