General discussion

Windows 2000 Active Directory Setup

By quamby ·
Hi

I am looking for documentation on the best way to setup certain Windows 2000 Servers. The basic scenario is this:

1. One server with Windows 2000 Server running Terminal Services (as well as Citrix Metaframe in some cases). It also has the Internet connection (an IDSN connection on most cases) and it also has the setup for Active Directory. For all intents and purposes it is the Primary Domain Controller. All major data is stored on this machine.

2. A second server which needs to connect to the domain (and Active Directory of the first server). This server will basically be the Exchange 2000 server and is therefore running W2K Server and Exhchange 2000.

My questions are:

1. What is the best method to connect this second server to the Active Directory and Domain of the Primary server?
2. How do I connect the Exchange 2000 to the Active Directory on the Primary Server?

Any docs available? Microsoft knowledge base? Any personal suggestions for this?

Cheers

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by KBO In reply to Windows 2000 Active Direc ...

You will need to run forestprep and domainprep before installing your first Exchange 2000 server. The following Microsoft Technet URL has good documentation on this.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/exchange2000/maintain/featusability/preputil.asp

There should be no spaces between http: and the last preputil.asp.

Collapse -

by quamby In reply to Windows 2000 Active Direc ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by quamby In reply to Windows 2000 Active Direc ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Desktop Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)