General discussion

Windows 2000 Com Ports!

By guy ·
Problem: Com1 and Com2 are not working on a Windows 2000 machine. Precise error message ?This device is no longer functioning properly and may need to be replaced. Contact the manufacturer of this device for assistance.?. Crucial point Com portsDO work on the very same machine if Dual booted into NT4.0. Additional factor: machine has a Fritz ISDN card.

Tried SP1 (for W2K), Tried reboot, Tried resource settings = automatic and = manual, machine is a Dan machine and they do use non standard IRQ and IO values. What I am looking for is help from someone who has solved COM port problems on Windows 2000.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Com Ports!

by NTOz In reply to Windows 2000 Com Ports!

I hate to say it, lots of things run under Windows 98 also. But just before you reject this answer, check Microsofts HAL to see if your system is on it. Second, Im sure you have already check with the manufacture for updates. Finaly try deleting thecom ports in device manager, reboot and see if they rediscover them. Ok I lied, check your BIOS and see that you have enabled Plug and Play, Windows 2000 is plug and play, if your system was NT previously this is often disabled because it caused problems with NT 4.0 ... I tried to help :)

Pete

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Com Ports!

by guy In reply to Windows 2000 Com Ports!

Thanks for trying, but has not solved the problem

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Com Ports!

by guy In reply to Windows 2000 Com Ports!

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Operating Systems Forums