General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Windows 2000 Pagefile

by snelson ·

I am running Windows 2000 Pro with the service pack 1 on my system. After restarting my system after installing several of the updates from Microsofts Update page, I am now being told by the computer that either the pagefile does not exist or is too small. I follow the instructions given to me by Windows to either increase the size of the pagefile or type in a size for the min. size of the page file to create a new page file. Neither of these options have worked. I would appreciate any advice anyone could give.

Thanks

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Windows 2000 Pagefile

by bart777 ·

In reply to Windows 2000 Pagefile

Try relocating the page file to another physical disk if you have one. Otherwise it sounds like one of those updates caused a problem… Best of luck..

Windows 2000 Pagefile

by snelson ·

That did help with the speed of the overall system. But I actually answered my own question. I during one of the updates some how I change the read/write permissions on the hard drive which caused the administrator account not to have full access of the c:\ drive. Soon as the permissions got changed back everything is fine.

Thanks for the help

Windows 2000 Pagefile

by snelson ·

This question was closed by the author

Viewing 1 reply thread