General discussion

Windows 2000 Remote Desktop

By gbalonek ·
I am trying to use MS Remote Desktop on an WINXP Machine to connect to a WIN2000 Machine. If I wanted to connect to a WINXP Machine, I have to go to System Properties for My Computer,then the Remote Tab, the Check the Box to "Allows Users to Connect". However, I cannot find where to do that in the WIN2000 Machine.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

19 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BFilmFan In reply to Windows 2000 Remote Deskt ...

Download the Remote Desktop Client for the earlier version of Windows OS:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx

Collapse -

by gbalonek In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

I already did this. Again, I am trying to connect from an WINXP PC to the WIN2000 PC. Before I can do this, I need to enable the WIN2000 PC to allow users to connect to it. My problem is that I cannotfind where todo thatin the WIN2000 PC. It is not in the same place as the WINXP PC is.

Collapse -

IT WORKS GREAT ON WINDOWS 2000 PRO

by gushanson In reply to

Thanks, There is a lot of misinformation out there saying that the MS download doesn't work for non XP OS. I tried 2 other peices of software and neither was complete enough access to do what I needed to do to remotely manage my semi dedicated server package.

Collapse -

by G... In reply to Windows 2000 Remote Deskt ...

I'm not totally certain but I think you need 2000 advance server to be able to connect with the remote desktop.
Anyway, I can recommand to try RealVNC from http://www.realvnc.com
quite good and free.

Collapse -

by paul.cook In reply to Windows 2000 Remote Deskt ...
Collapse -

This might put you closer

by cyberwiz888-tech In reply to
Collapse -

by lowlands In reply to Windows 2000 Remote Deskt ...

Are you trying to connect to a Windows 2000 Server? If so, go to start/settings/control panel, select add/remove programs, select add/remove windows components. Scroll down and select Terminal Services. Remote Administration mode will allow a max of 2 concurrent connections. Make sure to giv the users that need to use this the right to log on locally.

Windows 2000 workstation does not have Terminal Services remote access capabilities. You'll have to use a 2rd part remote access product.

Collapse -

by Lakuchumpa In reply to Windows 2000 Remote Deskt ...

I don't think you have much of one windows software solution on this one. I had the same problem but I downloaded VNC and saved myself trouble. So, I think your only solution of Remoting into a WIN2K machines is using a third party sofware.Try VNC and see if it can help you.

Collapse -

u can access xp from windows 2000 professinal

by coolfunkypd In reply to Windows 2000 Remote Deskt ...

install tsclient from ur server c:\windows\system32\client\win32\tsclinet

Collapse -

by vmagics In reply to Windows 2000 Remote Deskt ...

Manyak Bolo munya olang. Windows 2000 Professional mana leh dijadikan server untuk remote desktop. Server boleh la babi.

Back to Windows Forum
19 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next

Operating Systems Forums