General discussion

Windows 2000 Server

By qhcomputingny ·
Hello,
I am going to ask the question here in hopes that it will get answered. If you want the points for it, answer under Client/Server under Support Republic. We at my office are trying to find whether or not you can print locally when using a remote application on a remote server. We know that Citrix Winframe will allow you to do this, but it boggles my mind that Microsoft would leave something like this out of their software. Can Windows 2000 Server enable you to do this or no? No one seems to be able to answer this question. I don't feel like paying Microsoft tech support $109.00 just for them to answer this question. Anyway, please tell us if Win2k Server can do it, not any other program. We know about Citrix but the licensing expense for our clients is a little too pricey.
Thanks,
Eddie

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Server

by Askjaer In reply to Windows 2000 Server

Hi Eddie
I'm working for a major Danish Solution Perovider and I know for sure that you can print locally on a client running Terminal Services up against an Win2000 server.
I know we have clients running Win95 on the clients and Win2000 Terminal Services. AND they print Office documents on the local pc.
Best regards
Michael

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Server

by qhcomputingny In reply to Windows 2000 Server

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Windows 2000 Server

by qhcomputingny In reply to Windows 2000 Server

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)