General discussion

Windows 2000 Server Setup Problem

By deangk ·
I am in the process of setting up a Windows 2000 Server with an 80 Gig IDE harddrive. I want to create a 10 Gig NTFS C: drive. During the installation process I can manually delete the partiton and re-create it. When I try to create the 10 gig partiton I am unable to change the size of the partition. The size is currently 76309 and I cant change it.

What am I doing wrong.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by BeerMonster In reply to Windows 2000 Server Setup ...

Hi,
Off the cuff I'd try booting to a win95 \ 98 bootdisk and using fdisk to create the required partition, format it for fat32 and then install windows - selecting the new partition when prompted.

Collapse -

by adembo In reply to Windows 2000 Server Setup ...

If you accually indeed did delete the partition, by pressing D and then L, then you created a partition by pressing c and typing in 10,000 then you must have a bad CD. There would be no reason doing it as I noted that it wont let you create a partition. You must not be deleting it properly. There is no need to use a FAT32 partition, you would only have to convert it later on.

Collapse -

by dennisbv In reply to Windows 2000 Server Setup ...

When you click in the field for the partion size can you back space or delete out the number and enter in 10000? I did that once I did not realize that the Num lock was not on and I thought it would not let me change the size until I back spaced over the number in the box.

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)