General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Windows 2003 Server Issue..

by kbrindle2002 ·

Hey all!!,
    I have a Windows 2003 Server with SP1 that I have been remoting into via remote desktop perfectly for the last 6 months. Yesterday, I installed a patch from MS, and now I can not remote into it. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

Reply To: Windows 2003 Server Issue..

by dugadugdug ·

In reply to Windows 2003 Server Issue..

Which patch did you install and how did you install it? By that I mean, did you reboot the server before installing the patch as the patch installation might just be coincidence. What errors are seen locally or on the server event logs when this occurs? Did you try uninstalling the patch?

by p.j.hutchison ·

1. Make sure Remote Desktop is enabled in System control panel.
      2. Make sure appropiate users have permissions.
      3. If Firewall is enabled, make sure that Remote Desktop is included in Exceptions to allow it.

by webjabber ·

You can check by following steps:

Step1, use telnet check the port is opening, open a cmd window type,

telnet localhost 3389

if telnet can connect( goes to a black screen), means Windows Terminal Services is up, close the cmd window. If it shows connect failed. Check your configuration. This link may help you,
      http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Windows_2003_Terminal_Services_Part1.html

2. If you can connect by localhost:3389, try to find the 2003 server’s IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx by ipconfig, try telnet on another computer,
      such as,

telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 3389

if can’t connect on it. means firewall. If it can connect; but can’t connect by Remote Connection client, check you user’s permission on 2003 server

webjabber

A secure path to access your servers.

http://www.gotoservers.com

Viewing 2 reply threads