Question

• Creator
    Topic

Windows 7 Home P Realtek ALC665?

by michael34 ·

Hello,

I have a client who has Windows 7 Home Premium ALC665 Sound Card. The problem they have is the Laptop won’t keep the damn sound card drivers. I have installed Vista Drivers, The newest Realtek, The ones from Dell’s website but still nothing. I can install the drivers and they will work fine until you reboot windows then it says “No audio devices installed” When I check device manager it says the drivers are missing or corrupted what is causing this. I have tried with over 40 different driver files from Realtek with different versions as well as the original CD version that came with the PC but still the same thing.

The PC is an Alienware M14. Doing a Factory Restore isn’t an option thanks to dell’s idiotic technical support that had my client do a “Clean Install” of windows instead of a factory image restore. Any help could it just be a bad install of Windows or something else? Been almost 3 days now this Laptop is only 4 days old.

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by michael34 ·

In reply to Windows 7 Home P Realtek ALC665?

Clarifications

As it’s only 4 days old

by oh smeg ·

In reply to Windows 7 Home P Realtek ALC665?

Return it to the place of Purchase and get a Refund/Different computer.

Or return it to Dell who will reimage the system.

It soulds as if the owner has not installed the Sound Card Drivers in the correct order and the only real solution is to reinstall the OS and all Associated Software.

Col

Viewing 1 reply thread