Question

Windows Server 2003 rebooting randomly, many times a day

By smn723 ·
We have a windows server 2003 machine that has been restarting randomly (now about every 15-30 minutes) for the past few days. It was originally rebooting occasionally then it started rebooting all the time. We ran Microsoft's memory diagnostics program and the memory passed all tests multiple times. I tried using booting up using the last known good config and no luck. Any ideas as to what we should be checking? This is a very important server so we need to get it resolved asap. Both the primary boot and the boot mirror provide the same results (rebooting every 15-30 minutes). There are no errors in event viewer telling us what may have happened. The system doesn't go to a blue screen or any error it just goes straight to rebooting itself. I appreciate all assistance in this matter. Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

25 total posts (Page 3 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +
Collapse -

How old is the server?.

by dave In reply to Windows Server 2003 reboo ...

Not sure of the age of your server, but check the motherboard capacitors (beer can looking things) for any bulges or brownish weepage around the top of the capacitor. I haven't noticed this much lately on motherboards, but defective capacitors will cause stability issues.

Collapse -

it was UPS

by ooliya In reply to How old is the server?.

i had the same problem and in my case it was the UPS.

Collapse -

I alod had a same problem..

by salim In reply to How old is the server?.

I replaced the motherboard and fixed the problem.

Collapse -

Have you figured out the cause?

by mbyers In reply to Windows Server 2003 reboo ...

Your original post was about a month ago. Have you figured out the cause? If so what was it?

Back to Networks Forum
25 total posts (Page 3 of 3)   Prev   01 | 02 | 03