General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

Windows XP Pro Will Not Boot

by dinkey ·

I have an Acer 5110 Laptop cannot get it to boot. It goes to to windows XP logo with the bar underneath and then just stops. I tried to go to last known good configuration but did the same and all of the other safe mode options all stop after it gets to the mup.sys file. Tried doing a repair but it will only get the the screen that says starting windows, you know right before you press enter to instal or r to repair or f3 to quit. It will not go any further. Changed out the memory, same problem. Tried another power supply with and without the battery same problem. Was able to install new HDD with no problems installed services packs and all drivers except for the USB driverand all works well. Once I install USB drivers Laptop will freeze and when I try to restart it will do as previously stated above and not boot. Any suggestions?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

well gonna

by jaqui ·

In reply to Windows XP Pro Will Not Boot

have to get a REAL os then
      try pclinuxos.

and maybe, post a QUESTION as a QUESTION not a DISCUSSION.

Corrupt Registry or BIOS issue

by robo_dev ·

How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q307545

MUPS is support for USB mouse/keyboard.

Have you defaulted the bios to factory settings?

Re: Windows XP Pro Will Not Boot

by dinkey ·

Yes, I’ve set the bios to default factory settings. Still did not work. I’ve also came across the same link about the corrupted registry and followed the steps mentioned in the link but that did not help either. Still have the same problem.

Viewing 2 reply threads