General discussion

WinFAX Pro Version 10.03

By rlib ·
I have a client with a small Win2k Network running WinFAX 10.03 with a host and client. Everything worked OK until I installed Norton Antivirus 2005 (First time installation of NAV). Now on startup, I get the following error message. 'WinFAX was unable to connect to the WinFAX PRO Host station called Imsserver. The Object Exporter was not found' I checked the client configuration and it reported that it could find the host and seemed to configure OK but WinFAX does not work from the Client computer.

Anyone know Why?

I have not tried uninstalling Norton AV 2005. I had to try installing NAV twice before it installed and i cannot get it to install on the WinFAX Host computer.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ozzy In reply to WinFAX Pro Version 10.03

Having same problem here! I ll let you know further news if i am able to solve it..

Collapse -

by rlib In reply to WinFAX Pro Version 10.03

I found that if I disabled "NAV - Internet Worm Protection", WinFax 10.03 client could connect from the Win2K computer. I also have a WIN XP computer on the same network wirn WinFAX 10.03. I had to uninstall SP2 before I could connect as a WinFAX Client. Symantec Tech Support was unable to provide any assistance.

Back to Desktop Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)