General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

WinPhone 8.1 Update Question

by crashin chris ·

Tags: 

Has anyone heard when Windows Phone 8.1 upgrade will be pushed to mobile carriers (specifically Verizon)?

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

First half of July

by zoya44 ·

In reply to WinPhone 8.1 Update Question

Microsoft has stated in a tweet the Windows Phone 8.1 update will arrive during the first half of July. I guess you will get the notification on your phone when the update is available for your phone.

1st half July

by crashin chris ·

In reply to First half of July

Guess they lied in order to squelch the static coming from us users as to lack of WP8.1 update… but in all fairness, they have slightly less than eleven hours to go before the first half of july passes by

1st Half

by crashin chris ·

In reply to First half of July

well, looks like partially right tweet; appears author wasn’t too clear on what type of phone WP8.1U would be appearing. Turns out its for new phones only.
        There’s still no update for existing WP8.0 users

Win Phone 8.1 Update When

by crashin chris ·

In reply to WinPhone 8.1 Update Question

WP now for sale with WP 8.1 update already installed on those phones.
      I’ve talked to my cell carrier and they’re waiting for this update to come from the phone manufacturer.
      I’ve talked to my phone manufacturer and they’re waiting for this update to come from Microsoft.
      When, when, WHEN will Microsoft push WP8.1U to manufacturers, which in turn, will push to cell carriers??

Viewing 1 reply thread