General discussion

Word 2000 borders

By Shanghai Sam ·
Hi,

I'm having trouble printing the bottom border in word 2000 docs. When I attempt a print preview the bottom border disappears and will not print. It shows the full border in the print layout view.

I can draw the bottom line in but you can tell it has been added by hand and it has to be in an exact place, regardless of where the bottom margin or border distance is set. I've even tried custom page sizes. The problem exists with both lines and art as borders.
I have tried all of therecommendations from Microsoft and none of them have worked. I have my office completely updated.

OS=ME

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Word 2000 borders

by DKlippert In reply to Word 2000 borders

You'd think this problem would have been solved by now.
Here are some suggestions:

www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm

(There are no spaces in the URL)

You also might try going to Format>Borders and Shading and clicking the Option button in the lower right corner. Try "Measure from text" instead of Edge of page.

Here's another idea to play with. Pick a border/frame clipart and make it a watermark. You can place it behind the text and be able to size it any way you want.
Good luck, I hope one of these ideas works for you.

Collapse -

Word 2000 borders

by markshaff In reply to Word 2000 borders

Let's see.... The first would be to repair office install with choosing repair and shortcut repair. If this does not work. Uninstall the office suite, then use the office cleaner. which can be gotten from microsoft. Once that is done
reinstalland use a different path for office install/or keep the same. Once that is done
reinstall and apply service patches. Of course you must reboot the machine for each disk and patch. Good luck.

Collapse -

Word 2000 borders

by markshaff In reply to Word 2000 borders

Check your border margins You might have positioned your border too close to the edge of a page. Most printers cannot print to the edge of a page ? especially to the bottom of the page. The minimum amount of space needed between the margin and theedge of the page varies by printer. To adjust the page border margin, click Borders and Shading (Format menu), click the Page Border tab, and then click Options. Under Margin, adjust the settings you want.

Check the distance between the page border and the text The distance between the page border and the text might place the border outside the page margin width. To adjust the distance, click Borders and Shading (Format menu), click the Page Border tab, and then click Options. Click Text under Measure from. Under Margin, adjust the settings you want.

Check your page margins You might have set the page margins too close to the edge of the page. Adjust the page margins.

Also check your print drivers

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)