General discussion

Word 2000 print problem

By bekabel ·
A new HP vectra VLi8 has had office 2000 installed. Everything runs fine except printing from Word and using the office assistant in word. When trying to print it gives the message...Access violation error (0x0000005), address 0x308c3257 and 0x308db294 Tech net hasn't helped we replaced it with another new VLi8 with the same results. The build is good as I have 46 others that work fine. It would be nice to be able to print with this.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Word 2000 print problem

by stngfan1 In reply to Word 2000 print problem

Try changing the spooling for the printer.
Go into the printer properties, details, and spool settings. Change to print directly to the printer. You may have RAW or EMF settings too. If it's already set to print directly, change it to spool after first page.

I had this happen with ACCESS in our customer service dept. It happend on only 1 of the pc in the dept too.

Good Luck
TM.

Collapse -

Word 2000 print problem

by bekabel In reply to Word 2000 print problem

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Word 2000 print problem

by mweinstein In reply to Word 2000 print problem

Try going into the Vectra's BIOS on startup and changing the parallel port type. It could be that the printer driver isn't happy with the EPP or ECP or standard parallel port type that is being used by default on the Vectra.

After doing this, you may have to remove the parallel port driver in Windows and allow Windows to re-detect the parallel port so that the correct driver/settings are used.

Collapse -

Word 2000 print problem

Collapse -

Word 2000 print problem

by MCSE Lee In reply to Word 2000 print problem

Answers 1 & 2 are both good - you should try them both. If they don't work, look at memory configuration - I know for a fact that the HP Vectra series can be extremely particular about the memory that is installed - usunally is must be OEM HP memorymodules, and could even go so far as to require more SIMM/DIMM modules that are each smaller (4 X 16 instead of 2 X 32, for example). I've seen this on both HP Vecta and Digital PC's.

Collapse -

Word 2000 print problem

Collapse -

Word 2000 print problem

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Operating Systems Forums