General discussion

Word 2000 prob.

By wchovan ·
When I save a doc in Word 2000 every thing is fine until I reboot. Windows has trouble shutting down but if you keep hitting ending task it will shut down but when I try to start windows it hangs right before the desktop apears.If I run and old ERD before I boot windows loads fine until I save a file in word. If I load a file in word and dont save it every thing is ok. I have reinstalled word, checked for virus,del normal.dot. any sugestions?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Word 2000 prob.

by TimTheToolMan In reply to Word 2000 prob.

Hi,

I'd say that word isn't exiting correctly and is corrupting a system file when you hit end task.

Remove and re-install office and see if Word gets better.

Cheers,
Tim.

Collapse -

Word 2000 prob.

by wchovan In reply to Word 2000 prob.

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Word 2000 prob.

I have removed and reinstalled office but same thing. Im not shure what its changing but I havent tried renaming win.ini yet

Collapse -

Word 2000 prob.

by DKlippert In reply to Word 2000 prob.

Besides renaming Normal.Dot, be sure to remove tmp files. Word leaves them wherever the document is opened. They start with a tilde "~".

Collapse -

Word 2000 prob.

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Word 2000 prob.

by Stirlin In reply to Word 2000 prob.

Once you have the machine successfully booted, try connecting to the microsoft updates page for Office 2000. There may be some patches/service packs you need to apply. Other than that, you could try making sure you exit word correctly. FILE/Exit as just clicking the X in the corner causes a buildup of tmp files in the windows\temp directory, which can also lead to printing problems once your temp dir gets above a certain size.

Collapse -

Word 2000 prob.

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Word 2000 prob.

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums