General discussion

Word 2000 "send to" Problems

By mferrel ·
I have a pc with Office 2000 Pro on it.
We have an Exchange 5.5 server.
Many other PC's are working fine.

On this pc when I have finished a word document and wish to email it to an internal colleage it doesn't work. I hit the "send to; Mail Recipient" but the Exchange/Outlook address book is not available.

Outlook 2000 is functioning fine...so yes I know I can save my Word doc and send it as an attachment out of Outlook...I don't want to. I want it to work right...like everyone elses!Contacts in Outlook is set to be used as an address book.

What's Up? Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Hi!

When you choose send to mail recipient and get the To: field, what happens when you hit the To: button ?

Nothing ?
An error ?

Hard to say what might be your problem.

If all else fails, try and reinstall Office.

/Hasse

Collapse -

by mferrel In reply to Word 2000 "send to" Probl ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by scottcd In reply to Word 2000 "send to" Probl ...

It sounds to me like your Mail & Fax settings are incorrect. When you go to Control Panel, Mail & Fax, Services tab, you should have a Personal Address Book (.PAB). Make sure it is working by clicking Properties or delete it and add a new one if you do not need to save the info. Next, click the Addressing tab and make sure the Personal Address Book is available. If the .pab file was deleted or it is trying to use an invalid address book, you would get the problems you are experiencing. Hope this helps.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to Word 2000 "send to" Probl ...

CHECK THE MAPI CONFIURATION,THE MAPI SESSION COULD BE CLOSING AND WORD COULD NOT CONNECT TO MAPI SESSSION.Restart your MAPI e-mail application,and then send your documents from word.
2)Save and close your document, and then exit and restart Word then establishes a new
MAPI SESSION, ALLOWING YOU TO SEND YOUR DOCUMENT

Collapse -

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to Word 2000 "send to" Probl ...

You can get info from Microsoft WIN2000 site and download the White paper taht would give you the info on the advantages and disadvantages.

Collapse -

Collapse -

by tim.culham In reply to Word 2000 "send to" Probl ...

I agree with Soulrider on this, in that the problem is going to be a MAPI prob.
You probably are receiving an error like this.. "Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI error: "Unspecified error".
The following may have occurred: 1. You ran Word 2000 and your MAPI e-mail application, for example, Outlook 2000. 2. In Word, you chose to send the current document as an attachment, [on the File menu, point to Send To, and then click Mail Recipient (as Attachment)] but did not send the message. 3.You quit and logged off of your MAPI e-mail application. For example, in Outlook 2000, on the File menu, you clicked Exit and Log Off. 4. In Word you again chose to send the current document as an attachment.
Because the current MAPI session has been closed, Word is no longer able to connect to that MAPI session.

RESOLUTION - Use one of the following methods to resolve this problem: Method 1: Restart your MAPI E-mail Application. You can restart your MAPI e-mail application and then send your document from Wor

Collapse -

Back to Software Forum
13 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next

Software Forums