Questions

160 GB SEAGATE hard disk not working when using IDE TO SATA converter

+
0 Votes

160 GB SEAGATE hard disk not working when using IDE TO SATA converter

chanpreet2020
I purchased a IDE TO SATA converter to connect my IDE segate hard disk to sata port on motherboard but when i connect power cable of power supply to hard disk the LED of converter blinks when computer starts and remains off state then but blinks again when PC is shut down.
PLZ help what to do.
HARD DISK is working i checked on other computer
  • +
    0 Votes
    RayFoxxe

Your converter doesn't work or is not compatible with your system. I suggest either using an IDE HDD enclosure for your HDD. Or if you don't want to do that. Run a check disk on your HDD on the other computer and see if the HDD has any bad sectors or errors. If that still doesn't do it, you probably need to replace that converter with maybe an HDD dock or for another converter.

+
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

What make/model or motherboard?
    What make/model of convertor?

Is the SATA port enabled? On many systems, such as Dell, the secondary SATA port is disabled by default.

Some IDE-to-SATA adapters are made to allow a SATA drive to connect to an IDE mobo, but not the other way around...

• +
    0 Votes
    RayFoxxe

Your converter doesn't work or is not compatible with your system. I suggest either using an IDE HDD enclosure for your HDD. Or if you don't want to do that. Run a check disk on your HDD on the other computer and see if the HDD has any bad sectors or errors. If that still doesn't do it, you probably need to replace that converter with maybe an HDD dock or for another converter.

+
    0 Votes
    robo_dev

What make/model or motherboard?
    What make/model of convertor?

Is the SATA port enabled? On many systems, such as Dell, the secondary SATA port is disabled by default.

Some IDE-to-SATA adapters are made to allow a SATA drive to connect to an IDE mobo, but not the other way around...