Questions

160gb sata 133 hdd in a usb enclosure

+
0 Votes

160gb sata 133 hdd in a usb enclosure

XnavyDK
gives me an IO error when attempting to access the drive in xp. was just unplugged and replugged and stopped working. Any Ideas?
  • +
    0 Votes
    cmiller5400

If you didn't stop the drive in the "Safely Remove Hardware" so that all pending changes could be written, it probably got corrupted. Only a data recovery software program MAY get some data back.

If you don't need the data, just repartition and format the drive.

+
    0 Votes
    XnavyDK

thats exactly what happened. the guy just pulled the plug instead of "safley remove hardware". I thought the MBR is toast norton DD couldn't fix it. I also used recovery software and I just hung up at 10%. So the drive is toast w/o a format. That bites. thanks for the info.

• +
    0 Votes
    cmiller5400

If you didn't stop the drive in the "Safely Remove Hardware" so that all pending changes could be written, it probably got corrupted. Only a data recovery software program MAY get some data back.

If you don't need the data, just repartition and format the drive.

+
    0 Votes
    XnavyDK

thats exactly what happened. the guy just pulled the plug instead of "safley remove hardware". I thought the MBR is toast norton DD couldn't fix it. I also used recovery software and I just hung up at 10%. So the drive is toast w/o a format. That bites. thanks for the info.