Questions

2003 mail server setup

Tags:
+
0 Votes

2003 mail server setup

parasthehunter
i have set up mail server in windows 2003 it is working fine over LAN now i want to access my email account via web and also send and receive mail via internet what should i do ????
  • +
    1 Votes
    TobiF

Google will happily assist you, if you search for phrases like "how to OWA 2003", or use the full spelling Outlook web access.

And, yes, OWA can be used for Outlook to talk to the server from Internet.

+
    0 Votes
    bsharpe37

A more suitable solution would be to obtain a book on MS Exchange setup.

Honestly When Server 2008 Rolled out and I need to know how to implement the In my experience with a new server setup, I searched online and did a TEST setup, not everything worked the way it should. Bought a $40 book and within a 3 days the server was up and running and Ready for deployment. Same goes for Exchange Invest the $40 or so and you will save your self a lot of heart ache and time.

So I recommend for parasthehunter just buy the book and get-er-done

+
    0 Votes
    briant11

I've got an idea ... just go into account options and change the mail receiving preferences in the program, you set Outlook to receive Hotmail or other web based email messages. However, I don't know if there is a cost for downloading Hotmail type messages to your inbox. If all else fails then just be content with accessing your emails directly from the email server online. I hope that solves your problems!

• +
    1 Votes
    TobiF

Google will happily assist you, if you search for phrases like "how to OWA 2003", or use the full spelling Outlook web access.

And, yes, OWA can be used for Outlook to talk to the server from Internet.

+
    0 Votes
    bsharpe37

A more suitable solution would be to obtain a book on MS Exchange setup.

Honestly When Server 2008 Rolled out and I need to know how to implement the In my experience with a new server setup, I searched online and did a TEST setup, not everything worked the way it should. Bought a $40 book and within a 3 days the server was up and running and Ready for deployment. Same goes for Exchange Invest the $40 or so and you will save your self a lot of heart ache and time.

So I recommend for parasthehunter just buy the book and get-er-done

+
    0 Votes
    briant11

I've got an idea ... just go into account options and change the mail receiving preferences in the program, you set Outlook to receive Hotmail or other web based email messages. However, I don't know if there is a cost for downloading Hotmail type messages to your inbox. If all else fails then just be content with accessing your emails directly from the email server online. I hope that solves your problems!