Questions

2007 Excel password protected doc recovery

Tags:
+
0 Votes

2007 Excel password protected doc recovery

terrill
I conducted multiple PC recoveries on the advice of an HP on-line technician to remedy a minor issue, which I regret very much as I have seemingly lost countless files. I am trying to locate a 07 password protected excel file which is proving to be difficult. i have used a file recovery software to no avail. Any ideas or suggestions to assist in the recovery would be greatly appreciated!
  • +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

It's tough to make suggestions if we don't know what they had you do. The files may well have been deleted by their instructions. Do you remember the steps they put you through?

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Also where did you save the recovered information?

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

did you do a search? if so how?

you can search from the command line or use the Windows search function.

from the command line you can do a find and use a wild card *.doc to find all doc files in a partition.

+
    0 Votes
    Triathlete1981

Can you do a search for your 07 Excel files? If you're talking about password protection on individual sheets within the Excel workbook, that has nothing to do with inability to find the file.

Try a search for .xlsx files on your computer and make sure to include hidden files in the search.

• +
    0 Votes
    ThumbsUp2

It's tough to make suggestions if we don't know what they had you do. The files may well have been deleted by their instructions. Do you remember the steps they put you through?

+
    0 Votes
    OH Smeg

Also where did you save the recovered information?

+
    0 Votes
    CG IT

did you do a search? if so how?

you can search from the command line or use the Windows search function.

from the command line you can do a find and use a wild card *.doc to find all doc files in a partition.

+
    0 Votes
    Triathlete1981

Can you do a search for your 07 Excel files? If you're talking about password protection on individual sheets within the Excel workbook, that has nothing to do with inability to find the file.

Try a search for .xlsx files on your computer and make sure to include hidden files in the search.