Questions

70-290 MCSE Track

Tags:
+
0 Votes

70-290 MCSE Track

ashatry
I bought a Microsoft book (2273B: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment). Unfortunately this book is not too conducive for self study. It starts off by assuming you are in a class with computers that have Microsoft Virtual PC installed. Many exercises rely on pre-configured settings: eg. users, OUs already added in the MV PC. I've tried to follow the exercises, in vain.
Can anyone please suggest some self study books that I can follow from scratch? This is for the MCSE track. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions.
  • +
    0 Votes
    clarkd038

I bought the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Core Rquirements pack. Self Paced Training Kit from Microsoft Press.

It came with a 6 month trial of server '03 so you could install it and follow through the practice sections after the lesson.

It was relatively inexpensive, and has the four core books, 70-290 through 70-294.

+
    0 Votes

Yes

LarryD4

Good way of learning and well worth the cost.

+
    0 Votes
    ashatry

Thanks for your advise. I'll look it up online. So, the title of the pack is 'Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Core Requirements Self Paced Training Kit' from Microsoft Press?

• +
    0 Votes
    clarkd038

I bought the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Core Rquirements pack. Self Paced Training Kit from Microsoft Press.

It came with a 6 month trial of server '03 so you could install it and follow through the practice sections after the lesson.

It was relatively inexpensive, and has the four core books, 70-290 through 70-294.

+
    0 Votes

Yes

LarryD4

Good way of learning and well worth the cost.

+
    0 Votes
    ashatry

Thanks for your advise. I'll look it up online. So, the title of the pack is 'Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Core Requirements Self Paced Training Kit' from Microsoft Press?