Questions

About Microsoft Business Contact Manager with Outlook2003

Tags:
+
0 Votes

About Microsoft Business Contact Manager with Outlook2003

kenjiazuma
Hello, I have a problem with Business Contact Manager with Outlook2003. This is my pc information:
:English Windows XP Pro SP2
:English Office2003 Pro with SP2

I am using Outlook2003 as a POP3 mail client and we don't have an Exchange server. The problem is, I can not see 'e-mail history' for
selected user when I select it Business Contact since I exported the data for back up purpose.
When I click a user name in Business Contact, All of e-mail informaion are displayed in Business Contact Histrory. It seems Business Contact Manager points out pst file and does not sort out the data for selected user.

I want to see a e-mail sent history for selected user. Do you see my question?
  • +
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

From what I understand you have exported all of the Outlook files to a Backup Folder and no longer can see who sent what right?

If that's the case that is what should be happening as Outlook doesn't store it's .pst files separately every .pst file is a complete content of that Sub Folder be it In Box, Sent Items, or any other sub folders that may have been made up along the way.

What you should have done was to Backup a Copy of the Stored E-Mail and then you would have a working list in your Contact Manager of who did what but without the basic data in Outlook it's unable to list who did what as the data just isn't available. If you import the files back in from the backup you should have what you want if you have the HDD Space. When it comes to backing up your E-Mail you should be coping from the Storage Folder and not directly out of Outlook.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    kenjiazuma

Sorry for my late reply.

Thank you. I will check the pc again.

• +
    0 Votes
    HAL 9000 Moderator

From what I understand you have exported all of the Outlook files to a Backup Folder and no longer can see who sent what right?

If that's the case that is what should be happening as Outlook doesn't store it's .pst files separately every .pst file is a complete content of that Sub Folder be it In Box, Sent Items, or any other sub folders that may have been made up along the way.

What you should have done was to Backup a Copy of the Stored E-Mail and then you would have a working list in your Contact Manager of who did what but without the basic data in Outlook it's unable to list who did what as the data just isn't available. If you import the files back in from the backup you should have what you want if you have the HDD Space. When it comes to backing up your E-Mail you should be coping from the Storage Folder and not directly out of Outlook.

Col

+
    0 Votes
    kenjiazuma

Sorry for my late reply.

Thank you. I will check the pc again.