Questions

Access 2000 "Like Query"

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Access 2000 "Like Query"

MRA2
We all know how to use a query with a criteria of Like "*ABC*" to find everything with ABC in it.....

What I want to do is have a user enter a String (such as ABC) and have the Query go insert that strig.

Example:
Form Name: Finder
Form Field: StringFinder

I've tried building a string on the form with the Like and *'s - and setting the query criteria to [Forms]![Finder]![StringFinder]
It does not work.....

How can I do this??? Please try out your method first as I have tried 10 different variations and none work...

Thanks!!!!
Alan
Staten Island, New York
  • +
    0 Votes
    Dr Dij

I just put [InputJobNo] for example in the Or / And conditions area (where it says 'criteria') under the field to compare with of the query selector grid.

Since the field [InputJobNo] is not in the data it asks you for the value when you run the query.

You can view sql, it subs [InputJobNo] wihtout a table name. e.g. end of a SQL query - jobsum.[job number] is of course a field in table jobsum, access added the [ because of the blank in the middle I think;

where (((jobsum.[job number])=[InputJobNo]));

• +
    0 Votes
    Dr Dij

I just put [InputJobNo] for example in the Or / And conditions area (where it says 'criteria') under the field to compare with of the query selector grid.

Since the field [InputJobNo] is not in the data it asks you for the value when you run the query.

You can view sql, it subs [InputJobNo] wihtout a table name. e.g. end of a SQL query - jobsum.[job number] is of course a field in table jobsum, access added the [ because of the blank in the middle I think;

where (((jobsum.[job number])=[InputJobNo]));