Questions

Access 2007 Notes & Documentation?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Access 2007 Notes & Documentation?

andy.syd
I'm looking for a way to make notes and basic documentation in Access 2007. Basically things I need to do etc. Nothing more than a notepad but within Access. Any ideas?
  • +
    0 Votes
    jhicks22309

You can create a table with a field data type of Memo. You can fancy it up with additional fields for date, priority, who's responsible, etc.

+
    0 Votes
    andy.syd

Yeah, though of that after my post. But then also thought it would be great if we could attach sticky notes anywhere within access. For example a post-it in the relationships diagram, or stuck to a table etc.

+
    0 Votes
    jhicks22309

Sounds like a good suggestion to me :) Could get ugly reading someone else's database though!

+
    0 Votes
    andy.syd

Looks like it will have to be a table then. To be honest I'm quite surprised there is not a lot of options given how important documentation is. Maybe in Access 2010.

• +
    0 Votes
    jhicks22309

You can create a table with a field data type of Memo. You can fancy it up with additional fields for date, priority, who's responsible, etc.

+
    0 Votes
    andy.syd

Yeah, though of that after my post. But then also thought it would be great if we could attach sticky notes anywhere within access. For example a post-it in the relationships diagram, or stuck to a table etc.

+
    0 Votes
    jhicks22309

Sounds like a good suggestion to me :) Could get ugly reading someone else's database though!

+
    0 Votes
    andy.syd

Looks like it will have to be a table then. To be honest I'm quite surprised there is not a lot of options given how important documentation is. Maybe in Access 2010.