Questions

Acess 2007 Create Form Wizard

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Acess 2007 Create Form Wizard

Rod.Wright
The Access 2007 Create Form Wizard makes it easy to create a default form. Unfortunately it seems to be set so that the width of each field is linked to the others. When I click on the handle to adjust the width of an individual field, all others also adjust by the same amount. Does anyone know the setting needed to unlink the field width so I can individually adjust each field?
  • +
    0 Votes
    john.a.wills

Once the form is created, you can highlight any control and change its size. I did not know that this could not be done in the wizard.

+
    0 Votes
    Rod.Wright

Yes, you can click on any field and use the "handle" to change the display size for the field. In Access 2003, that just changed the selected field. But in a form created by the Wizard in Access 2007, changing the field width of one field changes all of the others too...an undesirable trait. There must be a setting somewhere but I have not seen it.

It sorta spoils the usefulness of the Wizard for me.

+
    0 Votes
    briantshea

It's 'layout' and it's a nuisance.

In reports, when the fields are linked, you can select them, and then cut and paste them back in the report. This breaks the link on the fields to each other that ties their sizing and positioning to other objects.

To do the same thing in Forms, select the fields in Design view, rt click, and go to 'Layout' and select "Remove". (It's 3rd, under 'Tabular' and 'Stacked')
    This allows you to manipulate individual form field size/position.

• +
    0 Votes
    john.a.wills

Once the form is created, you can highlight any control and change its size. I did not know that this could not be done in the wizard.

+
    0 Votes
    Rod.Wright

Yes, you can click on any field and use the "handle" to change the display size for the field. In Access 2003, that just changed the selected field. But in a form created by the Wizard in Access 2007, changing the field width of one field changes all of the others too...an undesirable trait. There must be a setting somewhere but I have not seen it.

It sorta spoils the usefulness of the Wizard for me.

+
    0 Votes
    briantshea

It's 'layout' and it's a nuisance.

In reports, when the fields are linked, you can select them, and then cut and paste them back in the report. This breaks the link on the fields to each other that ties their sizing and positioning to other objects.

To do the same thing in Forms, select the fields in Design view, rt click, and go to 'Layout' and select "Remove". (It's 3rd, under 'Tabular' and 'Stacked')
    This allows you to manipulate individual form field size/position.