Answer for:

Am I too old to get into IT?

Message 6 of 15

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
cbliles

Look Juan,
When I was taking classes for my MCSE there was a guy in his early forties in there. That was about five years ago. Now he is the sytems admin at a community college making in the 60's. Try to look on the positive side. Believe it or not you are probably smarter now than in your twenties. The frontal lobes of the human brain don't fully develop until around age 30. True, your memory may not be as good, but I seriously doubt that at your age.You just gotta do it man. My advice, don't enroll in any courses. It is a lot cheaper, and I think more effective, to get self study aids. Transcender has excellent stuff. I got my CCNA using Transcender and Sybax training software. If you don't have the cash for it, look on some bit torrent sites. You might get lucky. One more thing, its one thing to get a certification--MCSE or whatever--and another to apply those tests to the real world. So get yourself three used computers with enough juice to run the software. With three computer networked through a cheap router, you can simulate just about any situation. Install some VM software and let your imagination fly. But seriously, man get off the I'm too old thing. Lots of people older than you are going back to college. Well, hope I helped. Good luck Juan.
-brent