Questions

Asus Crosshair nforce 590 SLI; how is general use and Linux support?

Tags:
+
0 Votes

Asus Crosshair nforce 590 SLI; how is general use and Linux support?

Neon Samurai
It's system upgrading time again and having been stuck between Socket 775 and Socket AM2, I think I've decided on AMD again but what now of the motherboard?

1. Is anyone out there running an Asus Crosshair nForce 590 SLI? Reviews all look good but how does an actual owner find the mobo?

2. How is the Linux support for it? Any grief from chipset, audio or networking?
  • +
    0 Votes
    Neon Samurai

eh.. such is the case. I'll try to post back here after testing the Mobo directly.

+
    0 Votes
    Piratebranden

I am currently running an the crosshair and it is phenomenal. The Perfomrmance is outstanding and it was easy to install. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to spend the money on it.

+
    0 Votes
    Neon Samurai

without starting an OS debate, what have you run on the board so far? It's a game board so Windows is a given. Have you thrown a Linux or BSD at it without any difficulties? I've not seen the NIC or onboard sound listed on any Linux compatability lists though that would really only be a matter of time.

• +
    0 Votes
    Neon Samurai

eh.. such is the case. I'll try to post back here after testing the Mobo directly.

+
    0 Votes
    Piratebranden

I am currently running an the crosshair and it is phenomenal. The Perfomrmance is outstanding and it was easy to install. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to spend the money on it.

+
    0 Votes
    Neon Samurai

without starting an OS debate, what have you run on the board so far? It's a game board so Windows is a given. Have you thrown a Linux or BSD at it without any difficulties? I've not seen the NIC or onboard sound listed on any Linux compatability lists though that would really only be a matter of time.