Questions

Answer for:

Auditing file server

Message 4 of 7

View entire thread
+
0 Votes
ITsteve13

I hope you found a solution to your file server auditing needs. There are several products on the market that can address your concerns, and I recommend taking a look at NetWrix File Server Change Reporter, which has both freeware and commercial editions. The free File Server Change Reporter will send daily reports about all changes to the file servers for your review, including changes made to files, folders, shares, and permissions with previous and new values of certain configuration values. Additionally, the commercial version provides information about who made such changes and when they occurred, including detailed information about permission changes.
I hope this helps and please feel free to visit http://www.netwrix.com/file_server_auditing_change_reporting_freeware.html for additional information on the product. For the sake of completeness and honesty, the competitive products are ScriptLogic File System Auditor, Quest Change Auditor (formerly NetPro Change Auditor), and Tripwire. Check out all of them if you want to make a wise decision.
Thanks,
Stephen Schimmel
Product Manager
NetWrix Corporation
www.netwrix.com