Questions

Backup Exchange 2007 Failed with microsoft Backup Util.

+
0 Votes

Backup Exchange 2007 Failed with microsoft Backup Util.

lvoight
Hello,

I have used Microsoft backup utility for years on 2003 with really no issue through 3 different client crashes. Now on 2007 I am getting odd errors and it isn't finishing correctly, I have included the report. Has anyone seen anything similar to this? This is a 2003 server with Exchange 2007 installed.

Backup Status
Operation: Backup
Active backup destination: File
Media name: "Backup.bkf created 2/27/2008 at 3:38 PM"

Volume shadow copy creation: Attempt 1.
Backup of "GR-EXCHANGE\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group"
Backup set #1 on media #1
Backup description: "Set created 2/27/2008 at 3:38 PM"
Media name: "Backup.bkf created 2/27/2008 at 3:38 PM"

Backup Type: Normal

Backup started on 2/27/2008 at 3:38 PM.
The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned '50d' from a call to 'HrESEBackupSetup()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Functions called in an invalid sequence.

' from a call to 'HrESEBackupClose()' additional data '-'
The operation was ended.
Backup completed on 2/27/2008 at 3:38 PM.
Directories: 0
Files: 0
Bytes: 0
Time: 1 second

----------------------

The operation did not successfully complete.

----------------------

Thanks for you help.
  • +
    0 Votes
    wiljon

I have the exact same error and can't find an answer anywhere. Did you get this resolved and if so how did you go it?

+
    0 Votes
    wdraper

I believe the problem is because you have a different peice of backup software running at the same time. I run into this error message if Symantec System Recovery is performing a backup at the same I attempt to run the MS backup.

• +
    0 Votes
    wiljon

I have the exact same error and can't find an answer anywhere. Did you get this resolved and if so how did you go it?

+
    0 Votes
    wdraper

I believe the problem is because you have a different peice of backup software running at the same time. I run into this error message if Symantec System Recovery is performing a backup at the same I attempt to run the MS backup.