Questions

BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005,0x0000E10C,0xF9745B9C

Tags:
+
0 Votes

BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE STOP: 0x0000007E (0x0000005,0x0000E10C,0xF9745B9C

kip71
Help Help Help , can't get my Dell Dimension 1100 to even boot up in safe mode all i get is the blue screen of death with the following stop error message STOP: 0x0000007E ( 0xC0000005 , 0x0000E10C , 0xF9746B9C , 0xF9745898 ) tried everything and am now out of ideas please someone end my misery as PC WON'T even boot anything

Thanks for INFO
  • +
    0 Votes
    mjd420nova

If you have the installation CD, boot to it and do a REPAIR of the OS. This should get you going again without the loss of any data or programs.

+
    0 Votes
    CaptBilly1Eye

If there is no mention of a driver file at the end of the four parameter values (***.sys), then I agree with MJD's suggestion of a repair reinstall.
    The STOP: 0x0000007E error could otherwise be related to a memory issue.

Good Luck.

+
    0 Votes
    Triathlete1981

i had the same error when i was using a bad memory stick.

can you at least get to the dell screen where the blue status bar appears? if so, keep hitting F12 (maybe F11) until you get to the screen that includes Diagnostics. run the memory tests. if it's a bad stick, the test results will tell you.

or, try rearranging the memory until you get something that works. or try different memory all together.

+
    0 Votes
    gimmieshelter

My Dell Inspiron 1501 has a black screen telling me there is a problem. Then it goes to the Blue Screen. I did not rececently download anyting or made another change. I cannot get past the blue screen, no matter what I do. Inserting the OS reinstallment disc does not get me out of the blue screen. The computer does not respond to the inserted OS reinstallment disc. Can there be a solution? Thanks a lot!

+
    0 Votes
    IC-IT

First, please start your own question. Include your make and model, OS, any recent updates or changes, etc.

That way more people will see it and if/when you get a solution you have the option of marking it as helpful so that others can save time and hair, should they have a similiar issue.

+
    0 Votes
    w2ktechman

or a driver error for a device. From what I was reading, some things to look at

A soundblaster Live driver problem
    A HDD going out
    a HDD controller going out
    a motherboard failing

+
    0 Votes
    egulab

Here is the step that should work and being a Ex Dell technician i would suggest you these steps....

After you press power button to start start tapping F2 Button and than in the BIOS window look for the option Power Management and than look for the option Load Default, highlight the option and press Enter and will ask you YES or NO select YES and your computer will restart in windows........

Hurrrrrrrrreeeeyyyy

Issue Resolved.

+
    0 Votes
    gimmieshelter

Hi. The Bios was already selected YES before this problem. I tried to reinstall the OS from the disc but I cannot get past the blue screen. Inserting the disc does not boot it up. No matter what I do, I cannot get past the blue screen.

+
    0 Votes
    karel.boek

Hi! I had exactly the same problem today with the same machine (Dimension 1100), and got Windows up 'n running again after I disabled the USB in the BIOS. Might have to do with WinXP SP3. Next step for me is to find out why the USB is causing trouble.

+
    0 Votes
    jkmckinley

It worked for me. Thank you SO much for posting your solution!

+
    0 Votes
    Beldin0082

Thank you, it worked in combination with newest video drivers :-). Two desktop WinXP SP3 falling to bluescreen during MS office instalation.

• +
    0 Votes
    mjd420nova

If you have the installation CD, boot to it and do a REPAIR of the OS. This should get you going again without the loss of any data or programs.

+
    0 Votes
    CaptBilly1Eye

If there is no mention of a driver file at the end of the four parameter values (***.sys), then I agree with MJD's suggestion of a repair reinstall.
    The STOP: 0x0000007E error could otherwise be related to a memory issue.

Good Luck.

+
    0 Votes
    Triathlete1981

i had the same error when i was using a bad memory stick.

can you at least get to the dell screen where the blue status bar appears? if so, keep hitting F12 (maybe F11) until you get to the screen that includes Diagnostics. run the memory tests. if it's a bad stick, the test results will tell you.

or, try rearranging the memory until you get something that works. or try different memory all together.

+
    0 Votes
    gimmieshelter

My Dell Inspiron 1501 has a black screen telling me there is a problem. Then it goes to the Blue Screen. I did not rececently download anyting or made another change. I cannot get past the blue screen, no matter what I do. Inserting the OS reinstallment disc does not get me out of the blue screen. The computer does not respond to the inserted OS reinstallment disc. Can there be a solution? Thanks a lot!

+
    0 Votes
    IC-IT

First, please start your own question. Include your make and model, OS, any recent updates or changes, etc.

That way more people will see it and if/when you get a solution you have the option of marking it as helpful so that others can save time and hair, should they have a similiar issue.

+
    0 Votes
    w2ktechman

or a driver error for a device. From what I was reading, some things to look at

A soundblaster Live driver problem
    A HDD going out
    a HDD controller going out
    a motherboard failing

+
    0 Votes
    egulab

Here is the step that should work and being a Ex Dell technician i would suggest you these steps....

After you press power button to start start tapping F2 Button and than in the BIOS window look for the option Power Management and than look for the option Load Default, highlight the option and press Enter and will ask you YES or NO select YES and your computer will restart in windows........

Hurrrrrrrrreeeeyyyy

Issue Resolved.

+
    0 Votes
    gimmieshelter

Hi. The Bios was already selected YES before this problem. I tried to reinstall the OS from the disc but I cannot get past the blue screen. Inserting the disc does not boot it up. No matter what I do, I cannot get past the blue screen.

+
    0 Votes
    karel.boek

Hi! I had exactly the same problem today with the same machine (Dimension 1100), and got Windows up 'n running again after I disabled the USB in the BIOS. Might have to do with WinXP SP3. Next step for me is to find out why the USB is causing trouble.

+
    0 Votes
    jkmckinley

It worked for me. Thank you SO much for posting your solution!

+
    0 Votes
    Beldin0082

Thank you, it worked in combination with newest video drivers :-). Two desktop WinXP SP3 falling to bluescreen during MS office instalation.