Questions

Bluescreens (out of the blue), new Dell XPS 8300, Win 7 Ultimate ???

+
0 Votes

Bluescreens (out of the blue), new Dell XPS 8300, Win 7 Ultimate ???

Hanns
I get Bluescreens, really out of the blue, unexpectedly, with a brand new Dell XPS 8300, Windows 7 Ultimate ???
Hardware check, especially memory, is ok.
Dell Support is active, but I do not blame this, at least for now.
All ideas welcome how to avoid this trouble.
Thanks,
Hanns

Clarifications

jasonhiner Moderator

Please post the BSOD error message that you're getting.

• +
    1 Votes
    PurpleSkys Moderator

installed any new software or added any new hardware lately?

+
    1 Votes
    JoeyO506

Mine did this too. I ran chkdsk /f and haven't seen it since

+
    1 Votes
    Dippncope

Just saying system is blue screening is not telling us much. What is the stop code you are getting>
    This site has a list of codes that can help narrow down what is causing issue. http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/tp/stop_error_list.htm

+
    0 Votes
    seanferd

If you don't find a simple solution soon after responding to the posts above, don't wait to have the vendor fix their problem. Assuming, of course, that you haven't installed hardware or software that is causing the problem, or perhaps cleaned something a bit too aggressively.

+
    1 Votes
    Hanns

The culprit seems to be Microsoft.
    Microsoft security essentials real-time protection lead to several system stops,
    error code: 0x80004005
    Other error sources are:
    - VDS Basic provider, error code D@01010004
    - Kernel Power
    - verification error, followed by a MEMORY.DMP

The good news: no bluescreen today (running-in period finished?)
    Hanns

+
    0 Votes
    seanferd

But this would seem to be an issue with drivers for virtual disks. Are you using anything which makes use of these?

+
    0 Votes
    Hanns

I do not use virtual disks (unless there is something hidden which I ignore).
    Just got another bluescreen when performing diags with supplied DELL support center utilities on my PC.
    "Running-in" is not finished ... my troubles continue. Hope to find someone at DELL.
    I own the PC for 2 weeks now, might ask for a full refund ...
    Hanns

+
    0 Votes
    VikasAjitMedhekar

Blue Screen is often the result of unsound registry entries and corrupted system files. You must take these factors into considerations.

Run a full registry scan with Reginout utilities. Repair the problems found in your registry.

Replace corrupted system files using SFC tool. Insert your operating system installation disc, and click Start | Run, type "SFC /ScanNow" and hit ENTER.

• +
    1 Votes
    PurpleSkys Moderator

installed any new software or added any new hardware lately?

+
    1 Votes
    JoeyO506

Mine did this too. I ran chkdsk /f and haven't seen it since

+
    1 Votes
    Dippncope

Just saying system is blue screening is not telling us much. What is the stop code you are getting>
    This site has a list of codes that can help narrow down what is causing issue. http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/tp/stop_error_list.htm

+
    0 Votes
    seanferd

If you don't find a simple solution soon after responding to the posts above, don't wait to have the vendor fix their problem. Assuming, of course, that you haven't installed hardware or software that is causing the problem, or perhaps cleaned something a bit too aggressively.

+
    1 Votes
    Hanns

The culprit seems to be Microsoft.
    Microsoft security essentials real-time protection lead to several system stops,
    error code: 0x80004005
    Other error sources are:
    - VDS Basic provider, error code D@01010004
    - Kernel Power
    - verification error, followed by a MEMORY.DMP

The good news: no bluescreen today (running-in period finished?)
    Hanns

+
    0 Votes
    seanferd

But this would seem to be an issue with drivers for virtual disks. Are you using anything which makes use of these?

+
    0 Votes
    Hanns

I do not use virtual disks (unless there is something hidden which I ignore).
    Just got another bluescreen when performing diags with supplied DELL support center utilities on my PC.
    "Running-in" is not finished ... my troubles continue. Hope to find someone at DELL.
    I own the PC for 2 weeks now, might ask for a full refund ...
    Hanns

+
    0 Votes
    VikasAjitMedhekar

Blue Screen is often the result of unsound registry entries and corrupted system files. You must take these factors into considerations.

Run a full registry scan with Reginout utilities. Repair the problems found in your registry.

Replace corrupted system files using SFC tool. Insert your operating system installation disc, and click Start | Run, type "SFC /ScanNow" and hit ENTER.