Questions

Brother MFC-620CN Problem

+
0 Votes

Brother MFC-620CN Problem

quark_hk
Dear all,

Can any body give me some method to fix my problem. I got a problem during the firmware upgrade my brother printer. It hanged up during the upgrade. After I restart it, it would work and display "Service Maintenance" require.

Thanks in advance,
Noah
+
0 Votes
HAL 9000 Moderator

Or at the very least the ROM Chip on the Circuit Board. I currently do not know of any place that sells these IC's so it's likely that it will be cheaper to replace the unit than attempt to repair it.

If you pull the unit apart and look at the ROM Chip if it's soldered onto the Circuit Board your only option is to replace the Circuit Board. If it's plugged into a socket you may be able to find someone with the correct type of EPROM Burner to burn you a replacement IC but as EPROM Burners come in at about $1,200 each and there are many different types in use you'll need to find the correct one for the job that you have in hand. It's much more likely that you could replace the Circuit Board and if my experience of the pricing of Brother Parts is anything to go by it's cheaper to replace the entire unit than buy a simple Power Board as these basic parts cost more than the price of a new printer. The Logic Boards are even more expensive.

Col

+
0 Votes
HAL 9000 Moderator

This company may be able to help you out with a replacement IC.

http://tinyurl.com/n2sgx

I don't know if they can or not but if the PROM is socketed they may be able to help you out. They are the only company that I know of who supply EPROM's Burnt to your needs.

Col

+
0 Votes
jamesmondtan

Maybe can have a try on this, power off the printer. Unplug the board and use rubber eraser to rop the connector side. after a while then plug the board back. For my opinion not worth to only reply the ic because it cist quit high.

+
0 Votes
mjd420nova

If the PROM is mounted in a socket, you could get a replacement chip from brother. There are some numbers on the top, usually a stick on label with the version on it, and they could send you the updated one too. But if it's soldered to the board, probably better to replace the board.